Sunday, September 25, 2011

White Chocolate Chip and Cookies n' Cream

I try not to spend too much on ingredients as it can be quite costly since I'll be doing this every week for a year. So in order to avoid spending too much I look for recipes that I know I already have most of the ingredients for. I found white chocolates in my baking cupboard so that works! Unfortunately I had already set my mind to doing cookies and cream so I needed to fork out some cash for a bag of Oreos.

Baking is so wonderful because often times the ingredients (batter) smell so good even before you put it in the oven! And of course with certain cooked items, you can do a little tasting beforehand.



My least favourite part in this process is crushing the Oreo cookies. Ugh. I started off using a fork. Too many holes and the cookies moved around too much. Then I used a spoon. It was a lot of work. Then I tried the Hamilton Beach's equivalent of a Magic Bullet - but because of the cream it became stuck ALL THE TIME. I finally gave up and just dumped it all in. Some chunks were definitely bigger than others. In hindsight, probably not the best idea. But I was getting too frustrated to care. Which would only cause more problems later on. You'll see...





For the white chocolate cupcake, I choose a Vanilla icing and decided to add some red food colouring to make it "prettier". This icing, although quite delicious, was very runny. The icing did not have the same consistency as frosting so it would just slide down. I just decided to make shapes with it instead. I wanted to have icing but I didn't want it to look too messy. I was dripping icing everywhere!



It was the same thing for the Cookies and Cream icing. Way too runny. I put this in a piping bag (BIG MISTAKE) and because my cookie chunks weren't all small the icing had trouble coming out. I had to constantly pick and prod at it to make it come out. I was very annoyed. I really should've crushed it better. I now know better next time. Not my prettiest presentation, but they're not bad. No complaints so far.


No comments: