Saturday, September 3, 2011

Inspiration "Julie & Julia"

After watching "Julie & Julia" I decided to start a blog. However; I did not want to cook, I wanted to bake. I did not want to bake pies or brownies, I wanted to bake cupcakes. So with this idea in my head, I headed to Chapters to see if I can find a book of cupcake recipes and try my hand at baking every single recipe. In the end I chose this book (or rather it chose me because there weren't that many cupcake-specific books available).



This book is broken down into seven different categories: Chocolate, Fruit, Nuts, Adults Only (think alcohol), Kids' Corner, Spice It Up, and New Twists. There are 125 recipes in this book and if I were to bake two recipes a week, I can make them all in a years' time. Of course, I know there will be weeks that I will miss baking and then there will be weeks where I'll be inspired to bake more than once a week. But nevertheless, I am determined to finish this book in a years' time. Fifty-two weeks. I think my biggest challenge would be finding some of the ingredients, especially in small quantities. Well, let the baking begin!

Recipes:
Chocolate:
- Best Chocolate Cupcakes
- Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes
- Chocolate Gingerbread Cupcakes
- Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes
- Chocolate Surprise Cupcakes
- Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes
- Chocolate Brownie Cupcakes
- Orange Chocolate Cupcakes
- White Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
- Butterscotch Chocolate Coconut Cupcakes
- Very Vanilla Chocolate Chip Cupcakes

Fruit:
- Apple Crisp Cupcakes
- Apricot Rum Cupcakes
- Apricot Spice Cupcakes
- Blueberry Apricot Cupcakes
- Cherry Almond Poppy Seed Cupcakes
- Cranberry Lemon Cupcakes
- Figgy Cupcakes
- Mango Coconut Cupcakes
- Nectarine Cupcakes
- Orange Date Cupcakes
- Pina Colada Cupcakes
- Pineapple Cupcakes
- Blueberry Rose Cupcakes
- Tropical Cupcakes
- Banana Cupcakes
- Lemon Yogurt Cupcakes
- Lemon Buttermilk Cupcakes

Nuts:
- Candied Pecan Cupcakes
- Almond Poppy Seed Cupcakes
- Awesome Almond Cupcakes
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes
- Peanut Butter Chip Cupcakes
- Peanut Butter Cupcakes
- Vanilla Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes
- Pistachio Cupcakes
- White Chocolate Macadamia Cupcakes
- Hazelnut Chocolate Cupcakes

Adults Only:
- Pimms Cupcakes
- Creme de Menthe Cupcakes
- Cassis Cupcakes
- Margarita Cupcakes
- Kahlua Cupcakes
- Sherry Apricot Cupcakes
- Rum Raisin Cupcakes
- Malted Espresso Cupcakes
- Cappuccino Cupcakes
- Jays Favorite Chocolate Cupcakes
- Mocha Cupcakes
- Chocolate Cinnamon Cupcakes
- Espresso Dark Brownie Cupcakes
- Earl Grey Cupcakes
- Green Tea Cupcakes

Kids Corner:
- Candy Bar Cupcakes
- Cookies and Cream Cupcakes
- Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
- Confetti Cupcakes
- Malted Milk Cupcakes
- Coconut Cupcakes
- Peppermint Candy Cupcakes
- Toffee Cupcakes
- White Cupcakes
- Chocolate Mint Cupcakes
- Pretty in Pink Cupcakes
- Pink Lemonade Cupcakes


Spice It Up:
- Anise Cupcakes
- Banana Nutmeg Cupcakes
- Cardamom Plum Cupcakes
- Carrot Cupcakes
- Chocolate Chili Cupcakes
- French Toast Cupcakes
- Ginger Cupcakes
- Maple Raisin Cupcakes
- Pumpkin Cupcakes
- Spice Cupcakes
- Zucchini Chocolate Spice Cupcakes
- Spiced Peach Cupcakes
- Chai Cupcakes
- Applesauce Cupcakes

New Twists:
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cupcakes
- Raspberry Vanilla Cupcakes
- Lamington Cupcakes
- Smore Cupcakes
- Cheesecake Cupcakes
- Lemon Cheesecake Cupcakes
- Chocolate Cheesecake Cupcakes
- Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Cupcakes
- White Cupcakes with Coconut Frosting
- Carrot Zucchini Cupcakes
- Toasted Sesame Cupcakes
- Sticky Date Cupcakes
- Princess Cupcakes
- Madeleine Cupcakes
- Orange-Scented Angel Food Cupcakes
- Boston Cream Cupcakes

2 comments:

Jane T. said...

LOL why is green tea an adult flavor..that's awesome..u know thats the list i'm most curious about :)

Fanny said...

maybe it's the caffeine?? I don't know...but it is very interesting.