Sunday, September 4, 2011

Chocolate and Peanut butter

For my first two cupcakes, I chose to make Best Chocolate Cupcakes and Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes.

First I mixed all the ingredients together (both cupcakes look the same so there is no need to put up two separate sets). I like to start with the dry ingredients first. Measure it all out and leave it in the bowl while I start to put all the wet ingredients together. After these ingredients become creamy, I added the dry ingredients in (3 parts). This part I didn't like so much because I really need to stir really hard to mix all the ingredients well together.



Next I lined the cupcake pans and scoop in the batter. Unlike the Betty Crocker instant cupcake mix, these are actually really thick. It is quite impossible to pour it in, you have to scoop it in.Then this gets put into the oven.

After about half an hour - the cupcakes are ready! But they need to be cooled on a cooling rack first otherwise everything you put on it will simply melt off. At this point I like to make the icing. For today, I chose Butter Cream Icing for the chocolate cupcake and Peanut Butter Icing for chocolate peanut butter cupcake. Homemade icing is so much better than store bought! 

Unfortunately I didn't have the proper tool to pipe the icing on nicely so I used a zip loc bag. In fact, I had to double bag it because I keep poking holes in the bag. I'm sorry but the final product doesn't look the prettiest but it still tasted quite nice! Of these two, I prefer the chocolate peanut butter cupcake :) Enjoy!






No comments: