Sunday, September 18, 2011

Green Tea and Raspberry Vanilla

I love green tea! I drink it almost daily and at least a couple of cups a day. But more than green tea, I love Matcha! The creamy-ness of it is simply delicious. However; I didn't realize how hard it was to find matcha powder let alone how expensive it can be. But I'm glad I did find/buy it because so far it's one of my favourite cupcake flavour.

I wanted to make mini cupcakes this time, but I couldn't find my cupcake liners and since it was a Sunday evening, I didn't feel like going out just to buy some. So for the second week, made regular sized cupcakes. Since I have two regular size trays, I could do one after the other quite quickly.

The matcha powder smells delicious, but not the buttermilk. Buttermilk always remind me of soured milk. Kinda gross. Good thing there's no chunk in it. So like every recipe, you start off by mixing the dry and wet ingredients separately before adding them together. I already have two designated bowls (dry and wet). It's quite convenient that it's pretty much the same method, just different ingredients.




The second one smells like a birthday cake! Originally from the title, I thought I'd mix the raspberry jam with the cake, but actually I would insert the jam AFTER the cupcake is done.



The both turned out pretty nice. Again the batter is pretty thick so I had to scoop everything in. I realize that I still have a bit of batter left after all 12 cupcake liners were filled. So perhaps this 12-cupcake recipe can produce more than just 12 cupcakes!



This time around I have an actual frosting bag and nozzle. So the cupcakes definitely look A LOT better than my zip-loc bag piping attempt. They are quite pretty.



No comments: