Sunday, November 20, 2011

Cheesecake, Pina Colada, Maple Raisin, Peanut Butter & Jelly, and Orange-Scented Angel Food...

This weekend I had actually made five recipes: Cheesecake, Pina Colada, Maple Raisin, Peanut Butter and Jelly and Orange-scented Angel Food. I made the first two recipes at my friend's place, where we had gathered with some girlfriends and baked. It was fun. Having people around while you bake is actually quite fun. I like the open kitchen layout :) 

I didn't get a chance to take pictures of the first two recipes, but I have plenty for the other three. 

Maple Raisin: I really do enjoy the smell of maple syrup :) This cupcake came with Maple Buttercream.



Peanut Butter and Jelly: this recipe calls for the jam to be spread inside the cupcake after it is done baking. I didn't want to take it out of the lining so I just dug a hole in the middle of the cupcake and then pipe the jam inside using a zip-loc bag. The Peanut Butter Icing hides the hole quite well :) 


Orange-scented Angel Food: I love this recipe! I did not whip the butter by hand, I used a hand mixer for that. Although I wonder if a stand mixer would be better (must save up for one). The texture is so light and fluffy! The orange and chocolate chips give it a bit more oomph. It's super cute! 




My brother decided to take these pictures of the cupcakes for me. I like how it looks.

Back: Maple Raisin with Maple Buttercream
Front: Peanut Butter and Jelly (peanut butter icing)

Cheesecake cupcakes - perfect little bite size! 

Back: Pina Colada with Cream Cheese Icing
Front: Orange-scented Angel Food cupcake

No comments: