Sunday, November 13, 2011

Apple Crisp, Pink and Banana Nutmeg :)

I have decided to try my hand at making some apple pies this weekend (pictures below) so I thought it was also appropriate to incorporate apple into my cupcake recipes for the week. There's a bit of a fruit theme today: Apple Crisp, Pretty in Pink (Strawberry & Buttermilk) and Banana Nutmeg :)

Apple Crisp: diced apples. the crisp (streusal) is basically brown sugar, cinnamon and butter.



Banana Nutmeg: sliced bananas. it was very prettily placed on top of the cupcake but I forgot to take a picture :(


Pretty in Pink: puree strawberries. (forgot to take a picture of that)  


This week was a not a good picture-taking week. I almost forgot to take a picture of the final product but was able to sneak one in before it all disappeared. 


The Apple Crisp was a huge hit! I like that one very much, the streusal was very nice. I think I prefer the other banana recipe, but this one was cute with the bananas on top. I think if the strawberries were sweeter it would taste a bit better, although it is still pretty good. I didn't like how the strawberry cream cheese icing came up. I don't know if it's because of the cream cheese I used or what, but the icing was really thick and hard to pipe. There's strawberry jam in the icing. 

And finally here is a picture of the apple pies. The recipe was great, but I think it could've cooked a little longer for the apples to be softer. However; if I had sliced it instead of dicing the apples, it might cook better. And I am putting more crust on the pie, I love the crust! And of course need to be prepared with vanilla ice cream :) 
 


No comments: