Sunday, October 30, 2011

Mocha, Madeleine and Chai Cupcakes!

Halloween is coming up so I wanted to make some Halloween decorations for my cupcakes :) I found this awesome website that gave me step by step instructions to make fondant pumpkins: click here. It seemed simple enough. I also wanted to make something else other than pumpkin but also along the lines of simple. So my friend volunteered to help me make some spiders. There are no instructions so we used our imagination. The first batch was a bit like cockroaches lol. So we re-did it to make it scarier; after all it is Halloween. 

I made the decorations before baking the cupcakes. It took almost eight hours. I started around 2:00pm on a Sunday afternoon and didn't end until at least 10:00pm. It was really fun and very interesting but I'm not sure I can do that every single day. Although I do very much enjoy working with my hands. 

This is the end results of the decorations: 



Today's recipe include Mocha, Madeleine and Chai flavours. To to cut down a little bit on time, I made cream cheese icing for two cupcakes but for the Mocha it had to be coffee buttercream. 

Below illustrates the process 

 







The finished results :) 

Happy Halloween!! 



No comments: