Sunday, October 16, 2011

Peanut Butter, Chocolate Cherry and Kahlua Galore!

For this week, I went with one easy, one chocolate and one grown up: Peanut Butter Cupcakes, Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes and Kahlua Cupcakes. Rather than being lazy with only one type of frosting, I made three: Peanut Butter Frosting, Chocolate Hazelnut Frosting and Coffee Buttercream. yummy.

The chocolate cherry one was interesting, I had to use cherry pie filling. First I bought a pie filling. The batter was so dark!


The Kahlua smelled so incredibly good. And the coffee buttercream smelled even better. I had to use real coffee and instant coffee to make it. I like this frosting the best!


The peanut butter one was easy as I already had all the ingredients so I didn't need to buy more :) I love it when I have everything in cupboard! You can see the cherry chunks in the chocolate and the kahlua one doesn't rise that much at all; quite the flat top.




I went to Ikea today and bought new mixing bowls. I love them! They are non-stick and so easy to clean. I also bought some new tupperware to store my baking stuff (chocolate chips, coconut flakes, etc.) With the green lids, I decided to give my cupcakes an individual photoshoot. Please don't laugh :)


 



No comments: