Sunday, February 26, 2012

Fruity Weekend :)

This weekend was the annual Oscars Party at the cousins'. In addition to baking, I also made some finger/cold food: deviled eggs and ceviche. The deviled eggs is a recipe I discovered on Goodeggs a couple years ago and I love the recipe and every time I've made it, it's been well received. Actually this was a special request this year. It's a very simple recipe and asks for very little ingredients that you already have at home. The only problem is that it tends to make the kitchen smell like fart. lol

The ceviche is a recipe a friend had forwarded to me. It sounded very simple so I thought I'd give it a try. The recipe turned out to be a lot! I don't think I could've eaten all of this by myself. And ceviche is easier to eat when the weather is hot because it's very refreshing. Nevertheless it's a good enough recipe. In the future I might cut down the ingredients by half to make a smaller portion.

This weekend's recipe has a fruity theme:
  • Nectarine Cupcakes with Buttercream Frosting
  • Pineapple Cupcakes with Buttercream Frosting and
  • Tropical Cupcakes with Rum Buttercream

Nectarine Cupcakes:



 Pineapple Cupcakes



 Tropical Cupcakes
(has Macadamia nuts, Dried Pineapples & Dried Papaya)




Cupcake Tree:




1 comment:

Muigay said...

Delicious!!! I love the deviled eggs despite the farty smells and the ceviche was excellent!

Of course, the cupcakes were awesome too :) Keep up the good work!!!