Monday, November 5, 2012

Live long and prosper...

I was asked to make some birthday cupcakes last week for Tuesday. Using good ol' facebook, I researched what the birthday boy would like. Turns out he's a trekkie and it seemed easy enough.

A lot of pictures online seem to use fondant and I simply don't have the time or patience to make fondant so I try to find something easier. Something using only icing.

I made a simple recipe. It's just a vanilla cupcake. I once saw someone put filling in the middle, so I tried it with a reese's peanut cup (cut into 1/6) but the batter didn't rise enough to cover the top :( Perhaps I should've pushed it down lower. Nevertheless, good thing icing can cover that!  (I also tried to put marshmallow, but it doesn't sink and just remained on top 'doh!)


Mini cupcakes (vanilla with reese's peanut cups in the middle)

Big cupcakes are vanilla with marshmallow inside - well on top under the icing :P


No comments: